A lot of my friends and family text/email/call me asking me what to wear for certain events in their lives, even something as simple as dates. Actually, dressing for dates is very difficult haha!). I thought for the next few days I would throw together some blogs and ideas for different occassions. The first one will be casual date night.
1. Top: I chose a flowly Ella Moss blouse for the top. First, Ella Moss makes some really nice tops. They are usually a little more on the loose side which I love. I’m not a big fan of skin tight clothes unless the ocassion calls for it. I thought this top was really beautiful and would look good on most skin tones.
2. Bottom: These are Hudson skinny jeans. I chose a dark wash because dark is flattering on everyone. I have a real problem with light denim. Unless you are 10 pounds, it isn’t going to look good on you. I don’t weigh 10 pounds so no light denim for me. Hudson is a great brand for jeans, they tend to be really comfortable. Obviously, you can wear any brand you like :).
3. Shoes: BOOTS!!! I can’t say enough about them! These I found on Nordstrom.com. I actually don’t own a dark brown pair but I definitely need some. This pair is on my list. They are a really gorgeous color that will be great for fall and winter.
4. Earrings: Kate Spade CZ earrings. Cute and classic. Will go with everything. And if you aren’t into dangly earrings, these are perfect for you. You’ll be able to dress them up or down.
5. Necklace: Tory Burch has been making some really adorable accessories this year. This necklace is on the pricier side for fashion jewelry but it’s a piece that will be durable and versatile. I am really into gold jewelry right now so I had to accessorize this outfit with gold.
6. Bracelet: Also a Tory Burch item. Wrap bracelets are huge this year and for good reason. They are too cute! You can wear them out to dinner with this outfit, or dress them down in a maxi dress and sandals.
7. Ring: This House of Harlow ring is something I need RIGHT NOW. I love the anteler framing and the blue color is amazing. I love throwing a pop of color onto the outfit in terms of an accessory. It’s always needed.
This outfit is very similar to outfits that I wear on casual dates with my husband all the time. It’s easy and comfortable yet looks so cute.
What do you like to wear on dates?